Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bluebirds for Breakfast

No, I haven't started eating bluebirds!!  But when I opened the front drapes of the motorhome, there was a male Eastern Bluebird sitting on the side mirror!  What a beautiful sight to start the day! 

Mr. Bluebird seems to have a problem with his reflection in the mirror.  He's constantly pecking at it!  There is a bluebird box in the campsite adjacent to us and they seem to be nesting in it, so I guess he's just protecting his territory!

I put out my birdfeeders the day after we arrived and with in 15 minutes, the goldfinches were all over it!


We are currently at the Natchez Trace Wilderness Thousand Trails Preserve.  It's in Tennessee, maybe 2 hours southwest of Nashville.  This is a huge campground with sites along a lake and filled with large trees.  The "season" here hasn't really started yet, but there are quite of few campers.  We arrived to beautiful weather in the low 80's but a cool down is on it's way.  I've seen forsythia blooming and the dogwoods are just beginning to bud out.  Now I wonder....in Ohio, the legend goes "three snows after the forsythia blooms".  Surely that doesn't hold this far south!

We will be here until the 28th when we will move to Kentucky to start our summer workamping job.  We will be at the Mammoth Cave Jellystone Campground.

I apologize for the big gap in postings.  We were at the FMCA convention and when you add 5000+ people to one small area, the cell towers are overwhelmed and the internet connection goes down the tube!!  I will try to fill in the gaps soon.

Once I get our tax info off to the accountant, I will get crafty again and have some new projects to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment