Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lunch in Houston

Yesterday, Glenn and I drove in a steady rain into Houston to have lunch with one of his online clients.  We met at Olive Garden and ended up talking for 2 1/2 hours!  Most of the time, I was pretty clueless, as the conversation was about computer programming.   But it was an enjoyable lunch, endless soup and salad, yum!
After lunch, we sought out the nearest JoAnn's Fabric store.  I bought the vinyl and velcro I need to make the cover for the kitty balcony.  It will be vinyl on top with screening on the sides so we can leave the window open for them to come and go without the bugs coming in.  I saw a similar cover online, but they wanted over $100 for it!!  If I can get it made, I will do it for about $15 (glad I had a 40% coupon).  I would have spent a lot longer in the store looking around (and probably more money) since I haven't been in any craft stores for awhile.  But I knew Glenn was getting anxious to get back to his computer.  There's a Michael's and Hobby Lobby not too far from the campground, so I'll get my "fix" another day by myself!   I also picked up some fleece to make a chair cover.  The cats have not been to kind to the fake leather seats we have!  Not so much scratching at it, but as kittens, climbing up and down.
It's really foggy this morning but the weatherman is promising near 75 today.  If it weren't so wet and muddy,  I'd set up my sewing machine outside to work on my projects.

Happy Valentine's Day!!  Although this is also the anniversary of our engagement 8 years ago, we've made no plans to celebrate.  Maybe we'll grill some steaks for supper.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Marcie!! Love reading about your 2 additions!! Miss ya my convention roomie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Maybe we'll get to room together again someday.

      Delete