Sunday, July 6, 2014

CTMH Convention Day 3

Day 3 would include a couple of firsts for me!  The first 1st required an early wake up call.  I was participating in my first ever 5K!  My goal was to finish in under an hour and I did it in 44 minutes!  Here's a couple of photos:
Scattered Hearts Team participants

"Red Box" ladies
 
VP Brian Holman with his GoPro camera strapped to his hat.

Waiting to start

Heading down Main St.
 
Map of our route.

After the 5k (which I walked!), it was back to the room for a shower and another day of excitement.  Our final day consisted of a Product Showcase, where consultant/teachers showed ways to use some of the products and Extravaganza.  Extravaganza is always a highlight for me!  Chosen consultants are sent new products with guidelines for creating with them.  I'm always blown away by the ideas they come up with!  Forgive me for not having photos, my battery was running low and I could not find the extra battery and charger I KNOW I packed.  (I finally found it after convention in a pocket of my duffle bag I missed checking.)

The day wound up with another General Session/Creative Session and the Operation Smile Auction.  During this time, we are treated to a Q&A with Jeanette Lynton, founder and CEO of the company and VP Monica Wihongi.  You just never know what Jeanette will say!  I think she goes out of her way to embarrass Monica!  When they left the stage, the 3 VP's introduced a singer to sing a song of tribute to Jeanette and then the BIG surprise happened.  Unbeknownst to the executive staff, Tresa Black, a consultant, had organized a surprise FLASH MOB!  And I participated!  Another first for me.  Here's the video:http://www.fabulouslyartsy.com/2014/07/happy-flash-mob-at-convention.html
Thanks to Tresa for this big undertaking - it was a BLAST!

After the Operation Smile Auction, it was announced that we had raised enough money to fix over 150 smiles!!

Every year at the end of the last session, we play the right/left game for a table prize.  This year, for the 1st time, I was the winner!  I won 6 of the new Stamps of the Month!
That pretty much wraps up convention.  I have a few other miscellaneous photos to share, but I will save those for the next post.

If you love any form of papercrafting, you should consider joining my team and then join me for Convention 2015 to be held at Disneyland once again.













No comments:

Post a Comment