Saturday, March 17, 2012

Convention, here I come!

Thursday I booked my flight for the annual Close To My Heart Convention!  That makes it more definite.  This year, it's in Dallas and it runs July 12 - 15.  I can't wait!  I'll be rooming with Rochelle Crawford and Lori Miller.  Rochelle I know, Lori is a new friend I haven't met yet!

      Two years ago was my first convention.  It was held in Washington, D.C. and I was flying in from Seattle (we were visiting Trevor that summer).  I asked on the CTMH bulletin boards if anyone was arriving about the same time as I so we could share a ride to the hotel.  Rochelle responded and she waited 2 hours for me to arrive so I could share the car she had hired!  Wasn't that sweet of a stranger?  She turned out to be just as sweet when I got to know her.  We didn't room together that year, but we did last year when the convention was at Disneyland.

      That's the nice thing about Close To My Heart!  Everyone is so friendly and nice!  I've also roomed with Teri Carter (2 yrs.), Sherry Davis, Amy Shellhaus, and Lori Brown.  I know we'll remain in touch, at least through Facebook.

       CTMH just announced there will be 13 hours of creative time this year!  I'm excited!  That's my favorite part.  I always take away something from the business classes, but you just can't beat crafting and learning from the best!  Plus, we get to "play" with the new product not yet released.
        Speaking of new product, I'm not sure how they can beat the release of the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge last year, but they are retiring our wonderful how-to books and the markers.  That means they will be replaced with something EVEN BETTER!  The suspense is killing us all!

        Here's a few pictures from last year's convention.

The convention was held at the Disneyland Hotel.

Because it was mostly women in attendance, they opened the men's room for the ladies.  I thought is was funny how they "dressed up" the urinals for us!

My roomies on our first trip into Disneyland.  Sherry, Davis, Teri Carter, Rochelle Crawford. 
Left to right, that's me, Teri Carter, and Rochelle Crawford.


      

Paradise Pier at night.

By the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment