Friday, March 23, 2012

Cruisin' Layout 3/23/12

As promised, I'm FINALLY posting something creative!  I have a lot more to show you, but just need to get photos of the projects.


I made this single page layout for the first page of my 2012 scrapbook.  I used the Cruisin' Workshop on the Go (G1039 - $29.95) from the Spring/Summer Close To My Heart Idea Book. I love these kits! In them you get a full paper pack, an exclusive stamp set and embellishments. Easy to put together a layout or some cards with everything in one kit.

I started with some random stamping on a sheet of Grey Wool cardstock. I used the included stamp set and also the Adventure USA stamp set (D1503 - $17.95). For the "scrabble" part, I cut apart one of the sheets of B&T paper. It's a nice cardstock weight patterned paper. I arranged these to spell out some of the state we were/will be in in 2012.
I stamped the outline of the US on the map B&T paper with Black Exclusive Ink (Z2105) and cut it out. Along the side of the layout, I placed a strip of another B&T paper and two of the "zip strips" that are found on the edge of each piece of paper.
The numbers are from the Dimensional Elements (chipboard) included in the kit. These correspond with the numbers on the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686). The great part about this is, I could just cut the numbers out of a piece of B&T and glue them on the chipboard numbers. So easy! No more trimming around and filing! I then covered the numbers with Liquid Glass (Z679) to give them some shine.
I finished off with an arrow cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge in Juniper and Twilight cardstock and one of the Bottle Caps also included in the kit. The red strips were also one of the "zip strips".
This layout will be featured in the first "Celebrate Your Creativity" newsletter. This will be a monthly newsletter I will be sending out (thanks, Close To My Heart for making it easy!). If you would like a copy, just send me your email or leave it in a comment.

Thanks for visiting!
          
     



5 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Above Rubies Studios. Here's my blog in case you would like to follow me. Gonna go "lurk" now :)

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanne, for stopping by to visit! I will definitely check out your blog and follow you, too!

      Delete
  2. I am a new follower of your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will share. As a new blogger, I would really appreciate it if you check out my blog and follow me, too!
    http://piece-ofheart.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sharon! Thanks for checking me out! I look forward to reading your blog and I will get busy and post more artwork.

      Delete
  3. Hi Marcie - it was great to meet you at convention (well, er, the airport)! I think you will like Kelseyville, particularly if the cottages are in the Soda Bay area. Lots of great scenery (sunrises, particularly, from that side of the lake), and bird watching - egrets, loons, grebes, raptors, and ducks. I lived there for many years, but haven't been back in the last 5 or so. I'm going to follow your blog, so I hope you scrap some pictures from there! If you want to follow me back, go to www.LaurasCropCircles.com. Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete