Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome!

It seems my life has been a pile of scraps!  But that's a good thing!  My creative side was nurtured by my mother who was always doing something crafty.  Besides the usual coloring, cutting, painting,and paste, my crafting began with making clothes for Barbie.  I would use the fabric scraps leftover from the clothes Mom would sew for my 2 sisters and 1 brother.  By the time I was in high school, it was a fight to see who got to use the sewing machine, Mom or me!  Sewing led me to many other crafts, from knitting and quilting to basket making and everything in between, all creating "scraps".  That has led me to my most recent passion - scrapbooking!  I wanted to be able to share the wonderful photos of the places we visit and not have them sit on the computer.  Which led me to Close To My Heart, the stamping and scrapbook company.  You'll hear LOTS about that as we go along.  I hope this blog will give me the push to get more done so I can share the results with you.

 Of course, cooking makes scraps for the compost pile and I love getting other gardener's "scrap plants".

Anyway, my hope is to keep up this blog and share "scraps" of my creations, our travels, and life in general.

Be patient, though, I'm techno-challenged and this will be a learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment