Friday, May 31, 2013

Coal Creek Walking Trail

 Glenn is still battling his cold, so he hasn't felt up to doing too much, but we wanted to get out of the room for awhile.  We had read about a walking trail in town, so we gave it a try.
 Canyon Park is a very pretty park on both sides of Coal Creek.  We parked the car and started off on the nice, paved trail.  The trail runs along the creek and parallels Hwy.14.  There are benches and water fountains spaced along the way.
 I was in heaven!  The Russian Olive trees were in bloom and I just love their scent!
 It looks like someone is in the process of installing signs to identify the native plants along the trail.  One was the Cliff Rose which was blooming and also has a sweet scent.

 As we rested on one of the benches, I think I saw a vireo.  (If my bird book was in the room as I write this, I could tell you which one I saw.)


 Beautiful views everywhere you look in Cedar City!
 A bridge crosses the creek near the end of the trail.  There is a large parking area on the highway side of the bridge so it can be accessed from either end.
It was a nice walk of about 2 miles round trip.  This trail runs a good way through town the opposite way we took.  I've noticed several other walking/biking trails in town.  A nice feature for the town's people!

No comments:

Post a Comment