Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sunrise at the Grand Canyon

 We dragged out butts out of bed one morning to watch the sun rise over the Grand Canyon.  4:35am, if I remember correctly!  It was a bit chilly as we sat and waited.  We watched from the Geology Museum.  There was a point farther east Glenn wanted to go to, but it was only accessible by shuttle and we didn't think it would get us there in time.




We still got some amazing shots, however, no one will ever see most of  them.  We were using two cameras, Glenn got a little frustrated with the newer one and only took a few photos.  I took a ton and when I transferred them to the computer something went wrong.  I did everything as usual, the "transferring" box showed 103 photos, so I thought all was well.  I erased the photos from the SD card then went to review the photos.  No photos from my camera!!  This was about the time my computer was acting a little wonky, so I have no idea what happened.  Maybe someday I'll find them in another folder, but for now we will just have to enjoy these few.  Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment